After committing your time and talents to Chevron for years, or even decades, you’ve probably achieved some goals and milestones you’re proud of. As your official retirement date and celebration approach, you’ve probably also dedicated yourself to building a financial foundation for your post-Chevron years.
At this point, you may feel you’ve done everything you can possibly do to retire in a comfortable financial state from your tenure at Chevron. However, there’s one seemingly trivial option that can have a big impact on your retirement savings; it’s choosing the right timing for your retirement.
In this webinar, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional Alexis Long discusses six key considerations you should keep in mind when planning your retirement date. The webinar, Timing Chevron Retirement, covers:
- The multiple different streams of income many Chevron retirees can expect to receive, including:
- Your 401(k), the Chevron Employee Savings Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Your bonus, the Chevron Incentive Plan (CIP)
- Your qualified pension, the Chevron Retirement Plan (CRP)
- Your non-qualified pension, the Chevron Retirement Restoration Plan (RRP)
- Deferred Compensation Plans (DCPs) you may be eligible for
- Which income streams have the potential to clash, as far as choosing the best date goes, and what to consider when deciding which one(s) to prioritize
- The outsized impact income taxes can have on your retirement funds, and how to time your retirement and distributions in a way that minimizes your tax burden
When preparing for retirement, we recommend taking a close and careful look at your top streams of Chevron-derived income and their impact on your personal finances.
Everyone’s situation is different, and our experienced advisors have helped hundreds of people in situations similar to yours. We’ve built a solid foundation of knowledge and experience related to the many different pensions and programs offered by Chevron and other energy companies.
If you’re interested in learning about our customized, committed approach to serving clients like you, watch this webinar by filling out the form below, read more of the resources we’ve put together specifically for Chevron employees, and learn more about our philosophy of client service and continuous planning.